Saturday, April 14, 2012

TMNT for Short Nails



I used to bite my nails. A lot. If I was bored, nervous, watching Supernatural, or working, my hand would fly to my mouth faster than you can say "Stop, that's gross!" I've been trying to break the habit ever since I can remember, but the hairspray on my nails could only deter me for so long. The one thing that finally made a difference was when I decided to make my nails my creative outlet. Now I want them to be long and strong, so I can paint all sorts of crazy characters on them. Like these green little guys! I figured their faces were perfect for my growing nails, and they were really fun to paint. I remember watching episodes of their show while eating a bowl of cocoa puffs and drinking Kool-aid. I've grown out of the Kool-aid (not the cocoa puffs) but I still love watching cartoons, so I wanted to pay tribute to one of the greats. I wanted the background color to be orange because that's the color of their bellies. The only orange I had on hand was "Times Square Tangerine Creme" from N.Y.C., which I would not recommend. I've had this nail polish since high school when I only painted my nails on occasion, so I only spent a couple dollars on a bottle. I'd only used this once before because it was too thick to begin with, but needless to say it ended up bubbling like crazy and didn't dry fast enough so it was super streaky. Oh shucks, looks like I'll just have to go out and buy a better orange!

1 comment:

  1. When you paint your nails do you only do designs on one hand, and then just paint the other hand a solid color?

    ReplyDelete