Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rugrats



These nails were my second attempt at nail art about a month ago. I painted them right after the Lorax nails, when I was still extremely ambitious enough to even paint with my non-dominant hand. The sky and bushes on my right hand took about an hour in and of themselves because it was so difficult to steady the paint brush in my left hand. Now I just paint my left hand that will be photographed and leave the other one in solid colors; shh, don't tell! I split this nail design up over 2 days since I was up until 2 am on a school night just trying to finish Chuckie's teeth! People sometimes ask me how I can stand spending hours on one nail creation when they are just going to be destroyed in a few days. The thing is, I don't care how long it takes to do them when I end up with something that I am so proud of. I will have the pictures as a reminder of the work I did, and the lasting feeling of joy at having painted something that makes me and others happy!

So anyways, let's cut the sappy speak and get down to the nitty-gritty! I used China Glaze "Sweet Hook" nail polish from the Electropop collection as the base for these nails (which you can still snag at Sally's if you're quick!) This was such a perfect color for the Rugrats sky that it inspired me to do the Rugrats design as soon as I bought it. This design was done back in the day, when my sad and short nails made people cringe. So, here's the truth: these are indeed fake nails. Now that my nails are healthy and strong after taking the time to protect and care for them, I threw out my fake nails rather than ruining my own with glue. Every other post I've made have been pictures of my own decorated nails except for the Lorax nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment